5-Hydroxyindoleacetic Acid (5-HIAA) is a metabolite of serotonin, a chemical/neurotransmitter that is needed by the nervous system, mainly the brain, and also needed by special cells in the lung and gastrointestinal tract.
₱8,500.00 60 minutes
This is requested by clinicians for the following medical conditions:
- Diagnosis and monitoring for treatment of neuroblastoma, intestinal neuroendocrine tumors, celiac disease, cystic fibrosis, and autism spectrum disorder
- Screening of patients with possible inborn error of catecholamine metabolism
- Low levels of 5-HIAA that is link to possible symptoms of constipation, depression, fatigue, insomnia, attention deficit and behavioral disorders.
- Limit water intake to 2 liters of water and avoid caffeine before the day of collection
- No intake of citrus fruit, pineapple, grapes and tomato 3 days prior the test
- 3 days prior, stop all non-essential medications such as amino acid supplements, melatonin, 5-HTP, laxatives, and teas.
Method: Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry
Specimen Volume Requirement: 20ml midstream urine (First Morning)
Turnaround time: Cut off every Tuesday 4PM, release by Friday 12NN
Storage: -20°C Freezer, and ship on ice