WHO WE ARE
World Class Specialty Clinical Laboratory.
We believe that science and technology can elevate the practice of medicine, improve treatment outcomes and provide better quality of life. It is our passion and commitment to bring world class specialty diagnostics within easy reach of the Filipino people and our neighboring countries.
So, whether you’re a health care provider, a drug manufacturer, medical researcher or patient – we can be your source of advanced specialty tests to help you make clear, confident health decisions.
OUR DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS AND CAPABILITIES
Proactive approach. Precise analysis. Personalized health.
Our wide range of specialty tests help diagnose and identify root cause of complicated symptoms and medical conditions that are often undetected in routine laboratory tests. This includes:
Micronutrient testing – vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and amino acids, antioxidants
Heavy metals and Environmental toxins – mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium
Allergies and Sensitivities – food and inhalant allergies (IgE), food sensitivities (IgG)
Inflammatory markers and Gut Health Markers – fecal calprotectin, IL6
Organic Acids Test – by products of metabolism to analyze nutrient absorption and utilization, detoxification, neurotransmitter function, and gut bacterial overgrowth
We utilize advanced technologies and validated test methods performed by highly competent and internationally trained staff. Our cutting-edge analytical instruments include:
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Liquid Chromatography with Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatography (UPLC)
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Microplate Reader – UV/VIS, Fluorescence, Luminescence
- Clinical Chemistry Analyzer (CA)
OUR VISION & MISSION
We aim to be the leading provider of advanced specialty diagnostics in the Asean region through consistent innovation and application of the highest standards..
Our mission is to provide premium and comprehensive services that contribute to holistic patient care and better health management outcomes through:
- Clinical Excellence and Expertise
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Customer-Responsive Operations
- Collaborative Partnerships for Sustained Growth
WHY PARTNER WITH US
- Most comprehensive offerings of advanced specialty diagnostics in the Asean Region
- Industry-leading technology and validated test methods
- Internationally trained staff
- Fully integrated cloud-based Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Quality Assurance with consistent proficiency testing and ISO certification
RODELIO D. LIM, MD, FPSP
Dr. Rodelio Domingo Lim received his medical degree from University of Santo Tomas (UST) in 1985. He underwent residency training in Combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at the UST Hospital from 1987 to 1991. He became an Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology and Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in UST in 1991 and held the position until 2012, and held two other concurrent academic positions; as Secretary of the Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in UST between 1999 and 2005, and Associate Professor and Assistant Chairman with the Department of Pathology at St. Luke’s College of Medicine William H. Quasha Memorial between 1994 and 2007.
He has served on professional committees and boards in various capacities and currently serves on the UST Hospital Pharmacotherapeutics Committee, as well as the Hospital Blood Transfusion and Stem Cell Ethics committees at St. Luke’s Medical Center-Global City.
To date Dr. Lim is still active as medical staff at the UST Hospital and currently heads departments at various hospitals and health care organizations.
MA. LEAH N. BASA, RCH, MSC
Head of Metametrics Laboratory
Ma. Leah Terencia Navarro Basa is a highly experienced laboratory scientist in Asia and the Pacific and North America, with more than ten years of post-graduate experience in analytical and clinical research, quality testing laboratories, and government laboratories. In May 2010, she completed her Master of Science in Chemistry at The University of Toledo in Ohio. She was a Laboratory Analyst for Galbraith Laboratories in Tennessee from 2010-2012 before becoming the Team Lead at the Newborn Screening Center of the National Institute of Health for 7 years (2013-2020). Also a Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Leah now leads Metametrics Laboratory’s highly competent medical technologists and chemists in the development and implementation of test methods that determine levels of nutrients and metabolites in biological fluids using current analytical instruments. Her experience adds to the best clinical laboratory practices that the laboratory adapts in order to assure quality and accuracy of results.
JAN D. GARCIA, RCH, MSC
Jan Kathryne Garcia graduated with a degree in Chemistry from University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman in 2004. She received her M.S. in Chemistry from UP in 2014 while working as a research associate. She is currently a PhD student at UP. She spent 8 months of training on microfluidics technology at the Bioengineering Department of University of California Berkeley in 2017. Her research interests include peptide synthesis, molecular imprinting, and sensor fabrication.
KYLE A. BENITO, RCH
Kyle Adrianne Benito is a BS Chemistry graduate at the University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman. He passed the Chemistry Licensure Exam on October 2014. He is currently taking his MS degree in Chemistry in UP Diliman. His research interests include polymer and environmental chemistry.
ROLANDO A. BALBURIAS, MD, FPCP, IFMCP
- General Internal Medicine
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner European Board
- Certified in Nutritional Medicine European Board
- Certified in Anti-Aging Medicine
- Professional and Advanced Training in Mindy Body Medicine
- Certification Training in RECODE Program
THEODORE B. ACHACOSO, MD
Consultant for Clinical Metabolomics
- European Double Board Certified in Nutritional Medicine and Anti-Aging Medicine
- Areas of Expertise: Medical Informatics, Interventional Neuroradiology, Metabolomics, Endocrinology
- Founder: Health Optimization Medicine (HOMe)
RONALD R. MATIAS, PHD
Consultant for Method Validation and Laboratory Operations
- Area of expertise: Molecular Epidemiology, Molecular Biology, Electron microscopy, Gene Expression
- Researcher: United Laboratories, Inc.
- Professor: St. Lukes College of Medicine
CHARINA P. DE SILVA, PHD
Technical and QMS Consultant
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from University of Florida
- Areas of Expertise: Bioanalytical Testing, Biochemistry, Research and Development, Quality Management System, Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Professor, St. Lukes College of Medicine Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
ACCREDITATIONS AND LICENSES
2019 LAMP Program
Health Facilities and Services Regulatory Bureau