WHO WE ARE
We are a Philippine-based company with the most comprehensive nutrient-focused clinical diagnostics in Asia. We bring the extensive experience of industry pioneers and experts from Europe to bring intracellular nutrient diagnostics in the region.
We utilize advanced technologies and validated test methods performed by highly competent and internationally trained staff. Our method development and staff trainings were proudly supervised and benchmarked by the European Laboratory of Nutrients (ELN).
WHAT WE DO
We specialize in metabolomics—the study of the individual chemical fingerprints created during metabolic and cellular processes. We examine intracellular health instead of just standard organ-based testing. Our nutrient, metabolic, and environmental tests provide clinicians with diagnostic measures that are indicators of cellular health. These include nutritional deficiencies, toxin exposures, and inflammation markers.
WHAT YOU GET
Actionable and targeted interventions can be prepared to restore the body to balance and optimize function through personalized nutritional support, diet modification, detoxification, and reduction of environmental influences.
Proactive approach. Precise analysis. Personalized health.
- The first and most comprehensive intracellular nutrient diagnostics in Asia
- Industry-leading technology and validated test methods
- Internationally trained staff
- Fully integrated cloud-based Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Quality assurance through proficiency testing and pending ISO application
OUR VISION & MISSION
We aim to be the leading nutrient and metabolic testing center of excellence in the ASEAN region through consistent innovation and application of the highest standards.
Our mission is to provide premium and comprehensive services that contribute to holistic patient care and better health management outcomes through:
- Clinical Excellence and Expertise
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Customer-Responsive Operations
- Collaborative Partnerships for Sustained Growth
OUR DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS AND CAPABILITIES
Micronutrient and Macronutrient Testing
- Quantitative measurement of vitamins, minerals, cofactors, antioxidants, amino acids, fatty acids, and other nutrients
- Identification of micronutrient deficiencies and toxicities at the intracellular level
Testing for Heavy Metals and Toxic Elements
- Detection of toxicities acquired from common environmental toxins and pollutants including heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium and arsenic
Organic Acids Testing
- Measurement of the by-products of metabolism (organic acids) which can be used as markers to analyze nutrient absorption and utilization, detoxification, neurotransmitter function, and gut bacterial overgrowth
Food Intolerances or Food Sensitivity Test (IgG)
- Assessment of IgG antibodies produced by the immune system which can be triggered by certain types of food; delayed IgG food intolerance is often undetected and can cause inflammatory processes
Food and Inhalant Allergies (IgE)
- Quantitative detection of allergen-specific IgE antibodies from common food and inhalant allergens causing immediate allergic reaction
OUR MAJOR ANALYTICAL INSTRUMENTS
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Liquid Chromatography with Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Microplate Reader – UV/VIS, Fluorescence, Luminescence
- Clinical Chemistry Analyzer (CA)
Dr. Rodelio Domingo Lim
Dr. Rodelio Domingo Lim received his medical degree from University of Santo Tomas (UST) in 1985. He underwent residency training in Combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at the UST Hospital from 1987 to 1991. He became an Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology and Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in UST in 1991 and held the position until 2012, and held two other concurrent academic positions; as Secretary of the Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in UST between 1999 and 2005, and Associate Professor and Assistant Chairman with the Department of Pathology at St. Luke’s College of Medicine William H. Quasha Memorial between 1994 and 2007.
He has served on professional committees and boards in various capacities and currently serves on the UST Hospital Pharmacotherapeutics Committee, as well as the Hospital Blood Transfusion and Stem Cell Ethics committees at St. Luke’s Medical Center-Global City.
To date Dr. Lim is still active as medical staff at the UST Hospital and currently heads departments at various hospitals and health care organizations.
Dr. Charina Paras De Silva
Head of Metametrics Laboratory
Dr. Charina Paras De Silva received her Ph.D. in Chemistry from University of Florida, in 1998. After completion of her degree in the United States, she went back to the Philippines and worked for United Laboratories, Inc. In 1999, she was appointed as the head of Bioanalytical R&D Department which is in charge of Dissolution and Bioequivalence Testing of new products of the company. She was later assigned to lead the Analytical Chemistry Group in 2005.
In June 2007, she joined St Luke’s College of Medicine in Quezon City as Chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. She joined Metametrics Laboratory in 2018 and chose to remain as faculty of St Luke’s College of Medicine. As head of Metametrics Laboratory, she leads highly competent medical technologists and chemists in the development and implementation of test methods to determine levels of nutrients and metabolites in biological fluids using current analytical instruments. Best clinical laboratory practices are adapted in the laboratory to assure quality and accuracy of results.
Meryl Christina Antonio-Reyes
Meryl Christina Antonio-Reyes is a licensed chemist who earned her B.S. Chemistry degree from the University of the Philippines, Diliman (UPD). She is currently an M.S. Chemistry student at the same university where she also taught Biochemistry and General Chemistry subjects to undergraduate students. She gained research experience as a Research Associate at the Natural Sciences Research Institute, UP Diliman and as a Science Research Specialist for National Integrated Research Program on Medicinal Plants (NIRPROMP) under Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD). Her research projects include glycoproteins and proteomics, mutagenicity and clastogenicity testing of herbal drugs, bioanalytical method development and validation. She also served as a brewing supervisor for San Miguel Brewery Inc. prior to pursuing her research and graduate studies at the university.
Jan Kathryne Garcia
Jan Kathryne Garcia graduated with a degree in Chemistry from University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman in 2004. She received her M.S. in Chemistry from UP in 2014 while working as a research associate. She is currently a PhD student at UP. She spent 8 months of training on microfluidics technology at the Bioengineering Department of University of California Berkeley in 2017. Her research interests include peptide synthesis, molecular imprinting, and sensor fabrication.
Kyle Adrianne Benito
Kyle Adrianne Benito is a BS Chemistry graduate at the University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman. He passed the Chemistry Licensure Exam on October 2014. He is currently taking his MS degree in Chemistry in UP Diliman. His research interests include polymer and environmental chemistry.
Dr. Theodore B. Achacoso, MD
Consultant for Clinical Metabolomics
- European Double Board Certified in Nutritional Medicine and Anti-Aging Medicine
- Areas of Expertise: Medical Informatics, Interventional Neuroradiology, Metabolomics, Endocrinology
- Founder: Health Optimization Medicine (HOMe)
Ronald R. Matias, PhD
Consultant for Method Validation and Laboratory Operations
- Area of expertise: Molecular Epidemiology, Molecular Biology, Electron microscopy, Gene Expression
- Researcher: United Laboratories, Inc.
- Professor: St. Lukes College of Medicine
Ray R. Marcuelo, RPH
Consultant for Total Quality Management
- ISO/IEC Assessor 17025, 15189
- Areas of Expertise: Total Quality Management, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Good Documentation Practice (GDP), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
Dr. Emar F. Vogelaar
Consultant for Analytical Method Development and Validation
ACCREDITATIONS AND LICENSES
2019 LAMP Program
Health Facilities and Services Regulatory Bureau