Vanillylmandelic Acid Test (VMA)
Vanillylmandelic Acid (VMA) is part of the breakdown products (metabolites) of epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine produced in the adrenal glands.
₱9,800.00 60 minutes
This is requested by clinicians for the following medical conditions:
- For screening and monitoring of neuroblastoma and other neural crest tumors.
- To monitor elevated levels of epinephrine as these are linked into hypertension, panic attacks, and hyperactivity disorders.
- To monitor low levels dopamine as these are associated with CNS Disorders (Depression, Anxiety, Schizophrenia, and Insomnia)
- Limit water intake to 2 liters of water and avoid caffeine before the day of collection
- No intake of citrus fruit, pineapple, grapes and tomato 3 days prior the test
- 3 days prior, stop all non-essential medications such as amino acid supplements, melatonin, 5-HTP, laxatives, and teas.
Method: Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry
Specimen Volume Requirement: 20ml midstream urine (First Morning)
Turnaround time: Cut off every Tuesday 4PM, release by Friday 12NN
Storage: -20°C Freezer, and ship on ice